Friday, September 24, 2010

Rihanna: Who's That Chick?




Rihanna's cool.

My only issue:

Her constant change of identity. It even shows in her music. I'm not saying anything's wrong with that but I have a problem with it. She looks good no matter what but I like consistency in my artists. I also like change too, however, the amount of changes I've seen in this girl in the past 5 years has been off the wall.

Rihanna’s current image change is WAY too rushed and it sort of disappoints me since I want to “believe” her but I don’t even know what to think. Now, calm down, you Stans! I’m not disregarding her right to “find herself” or whatever that means to y’all. All I’m saying is that her image change fell pretty quickly & conveniently after her last album. It seems like a sale and there’s nothing wrong with that. That’s the business. If you buy all of it, then that’s cute for you. I don’t and I really wish she could have stayed “dark” a little longer. I really loved her “F*ck You” image . I wasn’t ready to let that go . Who knows, maybe it wasn’t working as well for others as it did for me . idk. Just my opinion anyway . Guess we’ll see how this turns out. Despite the heavy critique, her current single, “Only Girl (In The World)” has grown so hard on me. I love it, actually #guiltypleasure :)

BTW: Her new album 'Loud', is allegedly due later on this year. Sounds like an upbeat, dance album to me. Meh why not.

Bottom Line: As obvious as this may sound, her business seems to dictate her look. Prove me wrong, anyone? Maturity is highly encouraged.

From Russian Roulette to this Katy Perry-ish phenomenon:


'Who's That Chick?' is definitely the question!

No comments:

Post a Comment